Customer Service Coordinator
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes and will continue to do so for generations to come. As a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, it provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. The Canada Games Centre is a 176,000 square feet state-of-the-art community recreation facility.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, recreation/sports-minded, positive individual to provide leadership in delivering exceptional customer service and support to our members and guests. This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision and training and of the Canada Games Centre Customer Service team. Strong communication skills and relationship building is key to success in this role. The Coordinator will work with our Service Operations department to ensure members and guests have a quality experience in our Centre.
This position will report directly to the Manager, Service Operations and will aid in providing support and leadership to a staff team consisting of customer service staff, gate monitors and child-minding staff. In addition to a commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive customer experience, the Customer Service Coordinator must be highly organized, sales focused , manage time effectively, and complete correspondence with members and users of the Canada Games Centre in a timely and efficient manner. This is a client facing role where professionalism and building rapport are the keys to success.
- Organize and administer customer service protocols for the Canada Games Centre
- Ensure staff scheduling for appropriate coverage and keep within budgetary allowances
- Identify training needs and build/conduct training as necessary for customer service staff regarding memberships, paperwork and other relevant topics
- Assist with member services including, but not limited to: check-ins, selling memberships, daily cash outs and reconciliations
- Respond to inquiries – on site, emails and phone calls
- Communicate policies, procedures, updates and all other required information to guests
- Accept and process payments
- Receive and manage all customer complaints or concerns (either directly or through supervisor, depending on the specific issue)
- Act as the lead and primary point of contact for Facility Management Software (RecTrac) at Customer Service
- Day-to-day management, recruitment, training and development of part time and full time Customer Service, Child-minding and Gate Monitor staff
- Responsible for ensuring that staffing levels are appropriate for fluctuating business levels.
- Assist in developing and expanding any procedural documents and training materials necessary for end-users and staff
- Understanding and coordination of all financial responsibilities associated with Customer Service, including but not limited to ensuring change/cash floats are monitored and replenished, investigating discrepancies in staff daily balance sheets and payroll.
- Liaise with all Canada Games Centre Departments (Aquatics, Fitness Centre, Field House, Finance, Administration, Operations, Marketing) to ensure key messages are received and communicated to the Customer Service team.
- Serve as an after-hours point of contact for Customer Service staff and desk coverage when needed.
- Work in conjunction with other Canada Games Centre staff to develop best practices to maximize use of the Centre
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with general public, user groups and staff
- Process payments and perform invoicing where necessary
- Prepare and submit payroll for staff
- Complete additional projects as assigned by the Manager, Service Operations
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Recreation Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in supervisory role in similar environment
- Experience in cash handling and revenue reporting
- Experience working with the general public in a customer service focused role
- Experience and comfort using computers and various software programs
- Experience processing financial transactions
- Experience in staff training and coaching for success
- Understand and appreciate the important role that sport and recreation plays in healthy communities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Detail- and solution-oriented
- Experience dealing with various publics (individuals, families, corporate, seniors, etc.)
- Schedule flexibility required – weekdays and weekends + day and evening shifts
What’s in it for you?
- Group benefits and RRSP plan
- Education allowance
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
Salary will be based on a range from $36,000 – $44,000 commensurate with education and level of experience.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting, to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Friday, January 4, 2019.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
This opportunity is now closed