Community Recreation Coordinator
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation & Program Services, this position is responsible for the overall creation, supervision, and management of all aspects of Community Recreation programs.
- Oversee the overall program delivery of community recreation programs which include After School, Play School, Summer Camps, and Day Camps
- Manage a staff of up to 50 part-time staff and program instructors throughout the year to ensure all staff are upholding Canada Games Centre standards at all times
- Overall development and management of staff team including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating all community recreation staff
- Develop daily program planning for the After School, Play School, and Camp programs
- Input and manage all aspects of community program registration, changes, and cancellations
- Maintain current recreation programming while aspiring to develop and grow existing and new programs that align with the Centre’s vision
- Work in conjunction with the Manager, Recreation & Program Services to create annual budget
- Ensure programs meet revenue targets
- Continue with the Canada Games Centre’s vision to adapt all programming to align with Sport for Life movement and be age/stage appropriate
- Represent the organization in a professional manner to inspire fellow team members
- Work on special projects
- Work with all CGC departments in delivery of services
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Recreation & Program Services
- Graduate of Recreation, Kinesiology, Early Childhood Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a setting where children are the primary focus
- Program planning and development
- Hiring and training experience
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a recreation setting
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory summer camp experience
- Experience with customer service
- Experience with computer applications and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Legend software considered an asset
- Certifications in High Five Trainer considered an asset
- Service orientation
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Relationship building
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Values diversity
This position is 35 hours per week, mostly daytime hours, however flexibility to work some evenings and weekends may be required. Additional flexibility with schedule when required by facility operations and demands.
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective/barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Please note that a criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry check will be required as part of the hiring process.
Salary is $36,000 – $46,000 per annum, commensurate with education and level of experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Group benefits (cost-shared) and group RRSP plan
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Sunday, August 4, 2019.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.
This opportunity is now closed