Community Recreation Coordinator (6 month contract)
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation & Program Services, this position is responsible for the overall creation, supervision, and management of all dry-land recreation programs. Responsibilities include staff hiring and supervision, overseeing the After School and Camps Programs and fostering and maintaining relationships with program deliverers.
- Maintain current recreation programming while aspiring to grow programs as well as develop new programs that align with the Centre’s vision for physical literacy
- Ensure programs exceed revenue targets set in conjunction with the Manager, Recreation & Program Services
- Oversee the overall program delivery
- Hire and train new staff
- Daily program planning for the after school and camp programs
- Manage a staff of 15 to 40 part-timers and program instructors throughout the year and ensure all staff are upholding Canada Games Centre standards at all times
- Continue with the Canada Games Centre vision to adapt all programming to align with Sport for Life movement and be age/stage appropriate
- Lead newly developed classes when necessary and mentor staff to lead programs moving forward
- Represent the organization in a professional way that inspires fellow team members
- Work on special projects that contribute to the operations of the Canada Games Centre
- Work with all CGC business units in delivery of services
- Other duties as delegated by the Manager, Recreation & Program Services
- Graduate of Recreation, Education, Kinesiology or related field
- Experience in a setting where children are the primary focus
- Program planning and adaptation
- Hiring and training new staff
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
- Customer service training and experience
- Experience with computer applications and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with RecTrac would be an asset
- Certifications in High Five Trainer considered an asset
- Service Orientation
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Valuing Diversity
This position is 35 hours per week, mostly daytime hours, however flexibility to work some evenings and weekends may be required. Additional flexibility with schedule when required by facility operations and demands.
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Please note that a criminal record check will be required as part of the hiring process.
Salary will be based on a range from $36,000 – $44,000 per year commensurate with education and level of experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting, to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Monday, February 18, 2019.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed