Child Minding Staff
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is committed to serving the community with quality recreation, fitness, and wellness programs. The Canada Games Centre Child Minding Staff will have a goal to provide developmentally appropriate skills to children in the community while keeping sport and recreation as a continuous theme.
Child Minding Staff at the Canada Games Centre are responsible for the daily supervision of children ages two months to 11 years in our Child Minding room. They must ensure the safety of all participants while keeping fun at the heart of the child’s time with us. The Child Minding staff must be respectful of all children and parents and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe, and well maintained. We are currently looking for weekday daytime staff – 8:45am to 12:15pm and weekday evening staff between 5pm to 8pm.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children taking part in the program
- Be familiar with emergency procedures, Policies and Procedures of the Canada Games Centre
- Help develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
- Ensure children are always supervised
- Provide various activities for children including songs, games, crafts, and storytelling
- Comfort children when necessary, establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Communicate effectively in a manner that children understand
- Integrate special needs of children in a positive and respectful manner
- Experience caring for multiple children ages 2 months and older
- Individuals should be patient, kind and enthusiastic
- Ability to pass a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry background check
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, & AED (can be delivered by CGC once hired)
Knowledge and Education
- Experience working with children in either a community or sport setting
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Hours for this position are flexible schedule, flexible number of days per week with a minimum commitment of two shifts weekly
- Work environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe lifting, carrying and first aid techniques must be adhered to
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- The wage for this position is $13.95 per hour.
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
- The Canada Games Centre has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination will be verified prior to the commencement of employment.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to email@example.com.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotian’s, and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed