This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes for generations to come. It is a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada.
Find more information about us at: www.CanadaGamesCentre.ca
The Canada Games Centre is committed to serving the community with quality recreation, fitness and wellness programs. The Canada Games Centre Child-Minding Staff will have a goal to provide developmentally appropriate skills to children in the community while keeping sport and recreation as a continuous theme.
Child-Minding Staff at the Canada Games Centre are responsible for the daily supervision of children ages 2 months to 11 years. They must ensure the development and safety of all participants while keeping fun at the heart of the child’s time with us. The Child-Minding Staff must be respectful of all children and parents and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe and well maintained.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children taking part in the program.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures, Policies and Procedures of the Canada Games Centre.
- Help develop culturally appropriate programs and activities.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and storytelling.
- Comfort children when necessary, establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Communicate effectively in a manner that children understand.
- Integrate special needs of children in a positive and respectful manner.
- Experience caring for multiple children ages 2 months and older
- Valid Criminal Records and Child Abuse Registry Check (employment conditional on satisfactory completion of both)
- Current First Aid and CPR
- AED Certification
Knowledge & Education:
- Experience working with children in either a community or sport setting
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Good Decision Making Skills
- Be compassionate, patient and understanding
- Hours for this position are flexible schedule, flexible number of days per week with a minimum of two as a commitment.
- Currently, we are seeking people available on weekday mornings between 9am and 1:15pm.
- Work environment includes physical, emotional and mental demands on infrequent occasion.
- Safe lifting, carrying and first aid techniques must be adhered to.
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment.
Criminal record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
Wage will be $10.70/hour.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick, Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00pm on Friday, December 16, 2016. Please include position you are applying for in the subject line.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.
This opportunity is now closed