Summer Camp: Behaviour Specialist
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre Summer Camp Program is in its 7th year and continues to grow. Our program is available for children between the ages of 5 to 12 and takes advantage of all that our 176,000 square foot state-of-the-art community recreation facility has to offer. Typical days include everything from swimming in one of the three pools in our massive aquatics centre, playing physically active games on the 52,000 square feet of hardwood court space in our field house, running laps on our 200-metre 6-lane indoor track, crafts and classroom activities in one of our many community rooms, as well as outdoor play opportunities on our brand new playground.
The Summer Camp Behaviour Specialist will be responsible for the daily supervision of children that require one on one attention due to specific behavioural needs. This will include ensuring the child’s personal and behavioural needs are adequately met, making modifications to include them in all camp activities, and ensuring their overall safety and happiness while in our care. You will also be required to communicate with parents/guardians daily to ensure continued proper care. This position will report daily to the Recreation Program Supervisor. As there will also be interaction with parents and guardians, a commitment to exceptional customer service and positive customer experience is key to success in this role. Knowledge of a wide range of sports and leisure activities will also be required.
- Caring for individuals needing extra attention on a one-on-one basis
- Personal care of participant (based on their individual behavioural needs)
- Responsible for daily reporting of any concerns to supervisor and dealing with initial problem solving when issues arise
- To assess conflict situations and exercise good judgment in recommending solutions
- To manage and control behaviours
- Implement strategies both short and long term for individual campers that are having behaviour concerns
- To assist and support camp staff in dealing with behavioural concerns
- Rotate through the camp groups keeping an eye out for inappropriate behaviours and possible triggers
- Work towards creating a safe, comfortable camp culture with an anti-bullying program
- Complete additional projects as assigned
- Must be a full-time student in University who will be returning to full-time studies in the Fall (proof of enrollment will be requested)
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR-C (will be offered prior to start)
- Previous experience in a setting where children are the main focus
- Previous experience in a setting where children with behavioural concerns are the main focus and knowledge on adapting activities to suit a host of needs
- Customer Service experience
- Working/playing knowledge of a variety of sports
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer, or participant
- Strong knowledge of various behaviours such as inattention, hyperactivity, aggression, and other behavioural disorders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and oral skills
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Dedication to Customer Service
- Ability to coach, train, and guide peers and participants
- This is a full-time position beginning June 19th, 2017 and ending September 1st, 2017
- Shifts are scheduled for 8.5 hours and will start and end between the hours of 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday
- Vacation day requests are not realistic in our camp environment and will not be granted
- Please note that you must be available for mandatory staff training on June 3rd, 17th, and 18th, 2017
- Wage will be $12.00 – $13.00 per hour
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please combine a cover letter and resume into one document and label the file using only your first and last name (example: John Doe.pdf) and email your application to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Sunday, February 26th, 2017.
Please include the position that you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted. A separate application is required if applying for multiple positions.
Interviews for this position will be held on Sunday, March 19th, 2017 from 12pm – 5pm.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed