After School Program Team Lead
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
The After School Program Team Lead will be responsible for the planning, on site supervision of staff and participants, and the daily execution of activities within the After School Program. This includes being the first point of contact for parents, as well as duties such as taking attendance, bus drop-offs, and the management of issues or concerns that may arise. This position will report directly to the Community Recreation Coordinator. We are looking for someone who loves working with children, has knowledge of a wide range of recreational activities, and would enthusiastically welcome the opportunity to ensure children have the best possible experience in our programs. The successful candidate must be highly organized with a passion for recreation and experience and willingness to work in the program setting when necessary.
- Oversee the overall program delivery of the After School Program
- Assist with managing a staff team of up to 20 staff throughout the year
- Assist with the overall development and management of staff team including hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating all program staff
- Responsible for creating and developing weekly programming schedules
- Greet children and parents to facility programs
- Follow proper sign in and sign out procedures during drop off and pick up each day
- Provide instruction and leadership for activities while always ensuring participant safety
- Provide outstanding customer service and communication with parents and guardians
- Monitor supply levels and keep rooms organized and clean
- Maintain all health and safety regulations; Ensure participant code of conduct is followed
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members and participants
- Work in conjunction with Aquatics staff to ensure safety of children when in the pool
- Complete additional projects as assigned
Knowledge & Education
- Previous experience working in a After School Program
- Strong background in recreation as an employee, volunteer, or participant
- Knowledge of a variety of sports, arts & crafts and other recreational activities
- Previous experience in an office setting and in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and oral skills
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Dedication to Customer Service
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good decision-making skills
- This is a part-time position
- Shifts are scheduled between the hours of 1:00pm and 6:00pm Monday to Friday
- $15.00 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh email@example.com.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed