This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting with accounts payable, accounts receivable and various administrative duties. The Accounting Clerk is also responsible for providing resources, support, and leadership to members, guests, and staff. This position is full-time and reports to the Finance Manager.
- Accounts payable processing
- Preparation of daily cash reports
- Installment billing processing
- Accounts receivable including collections as necessary
- Financial data entry
- Assisting with other accounting duties as required
- General administrative support (filing, maintaining records, etc.)
- Other miscellaneous tasks and responsibilities as required
Education & Experience
- Experience working with accounting software packages, Sage 300 is an asset
- Post-secondary business degree or diploma in Accounting or related discipline is an asset
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a similar, versatile support role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and oral skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) with flexible hours between the hours of 5:30am and 10:00pm Monday through Sunday
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe use of all protective and barrier equipment is required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
What’s in it for you?
- Group benefits and RRSP plan
- Education allowance
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
Salary will be based on a range from $35,000–$48,000 commensurate with education and level of experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 21st, 2023.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents may result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed