Food Drive for the Fairview Food Pantry
Jun 10–23, 2022
Canada Games Centre, 26 Thomas Raddall Drive, Halifax, NS
Healthy active living isn’t possible on an empty stomach.
Help share energy and nourishment within our communities with a food donation to the Fairview Food Pantry! The CGC will be collecting non-perishable food and toiletries for the Fairview Food Pantry project between June 10th and 23rd, 2022.
Here are some ideas for donations:
- Grains – Pasta (macaroni, spaghetti), Rice, Oatmeal (whole bags or individual packet style), Cereal
- Legumes – Dried beans, lentils, chickpeas
- Canned vegetables and/or fruit, including canned tomatoes and pasta sauce
- Canned fish, chicken, ham, etc.
- Soups (especially easy to open lid style)
- Snacks – Granola bars, crackers, peanut butter
- Gluten free products
- Toiletries – masks, soap, sanitizer, toilet paper, tissues, hygiene products, toothbrush/toothpaste, sunscreen
About the Fairview Food Pantry Project
The Fairview Food Pantry project began in the spring of 2021 to help address the high rates of poverty, especially among children and seniors, in parts of the Clayton Park and Fairview neighbourhoods. As part of the project, community members have placed 2 outdoor food pantries in Fairview to provide support in between weekly food bank visits. The pantries are filled with non-perishable food items and toiletries, and are accessible any time of day.
Pantry items are for everyone! Take what you need, but leave some for others. Please check expiry dates before donating.
2 Pantry Locations:
- Fairview Resource Centre – 6 Titus St.
- Al-Barakah Mosque – 12 Hillcrest St.