Food Drive for the Fairview Food Pantry Project
Dec 02–15, 2022
Canada Games Centre
26 Thomas Raddall Drive, Halifax, NS
Healthy active living isn’t possible on an empty stomach.
This holiday season, share the gift of energy and nourishment with a food donation to neighbours in need. The CGC will be collecting non-perishable food and toiletries for the Fairview Food Pantry Project between December 2nd and 15th, 2022.
Here are some ideas for donations:
- Grains – Pasta (macaroni, spaghetti), Rice, Oatmeal (whole bags or individual packet style), Cereal
- Legumes – Dried beans, lentils, chickpeas
- Canned vegetables and/or fruit, including canned tomatoes and pasta sauce, pickled vegetables
- Canned fish, chicken, ham, etc.
- Canned milk or plant-based milk
- Soups (especially easy to open lid style)
- Snacks – Granola bars, crackers, peanut butter, tahini
- Gluten free products
- Toiletries – masks, soap, sanitizer, toilet paper, tissues, hygiene products, toothbrush/toothpaste, shampoo
See other suggestions in the poster below!
About the Fairview Food Pantry Project
The Fairview Food Pantry project began in the spring of 2021 to help address the high rates of poverty, especially among children and seniors, in parts of the Clayton Park and Fairview neighbourhoods. As part of the project, community members have placed 2 outdoor food pantries in Fairview to provide support in between weekly food bank visits. The pantries are filled with non-perishable food items and toiletries, and are accessible any time of day.
Pantry items are for everyone! Take what you need, but leave some for others. Please check expiry dates before donating.
2 Pantry Locations:
- Fairview Resource Centre – 6 Titus St.
- Al-Barakah Mosque – 12 Hillcrest St.
Questions about the Fairview Food Pantry Project? Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also make donations any time of year directly to the Fairview Food Pantry Project, but here’s an activity for the holiday season: