Morning Aquafit Fitness Instructor
Closes December 31, 2017
The Canada Games Centre Halifax is looking for energetic and outgoing instructors to teach Aqua Fitness programs to our weekday morning participants from 9:00am to 12:00pm. Instructors are responsible for creating a fun, inclusive, organized, and dynamic class while ensuring the safety of participants at all times. The instructor should have experience in teaching both high intensity and low impact (joint friendly) classes in both shallow and deep water.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide safe, appropriate, and challenging fitness activities for patrons of Aquatic Fitness
- Provide instruction to the level of training certification
- Ensure program and music are appropriate to meet the capabilities and./or limitations of participants
- Design and develop suitable training programs
- Lead participants through exercise routines while teaching proper breathing technique
- Provide quality customer service to members and guests
- Maintain a safe environment for staff, members, and guests
- Demonstrate correct exercise methods and proper use of exercise equipment
- Interact with staff to keep up-to-date on new technique
- Maintain instructional equipment in a manner consistent with facility standards
- Assist members and guests in achieving fitness goals
- Offer alternatives to participants with varying fitness levels and/or medical conditions
- Perform related work and administrative duties as required
- Current recognized Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification (AQX, CALA, Water Art, or equivalent)
- Emergency First Aid
- Ability to plan and deliver fun and inclusive classes
- Ability to teach and instruct to a diverse demographic
- Ability to teach shallow and/or deep water, with preference given to those with experience teaching both
- Available to work weekday mornings
Please note that Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The hourly wage for this position is $24.00 to $30.00, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free membership
- Discounted memberships, programs, and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Training and professional development opportunities available
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Scott Preston at email@example.com.
Please include position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.