Masks Required — Effective July 31st, 2020:
- Under the directive from Public Health, wearing a mask is required while inside the CGC. Masks can be removed when exercising/directly engaged in physical activity, but required at all other times.
- User exemptions as per Public Health: Children under two are exempt, as well as children aged two to four when their caregiver cannot get them to wear a mask. People with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask are exempt. Schools, daycares and day camps continue to follow their reopening plans. (https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20200724004). Please note, this includes CGC summer campers; they are exempt from wearing masks inside the facility.
- Using a mask alone isn’t enough to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Continue to follow all other Public Health and CGC protocols like keeping your hands clean, following cough and sneeze etiquette, social distancing guidelines, and staying home if feeling sick.
- Learn more about non-medical masks, how to make a non-medical mask and how to wear a non-medical mask.
- FAQ about Masks at the CGC