Winter 2023 Program Guide Is Ready!
Online member registration begins November 22nd, 2022
October 28, 2022
***Nov. 16th, 2022: To improve security, the MyRec online registration platform has changed its password requirements. Passwords with less than 10 characters will need to be updated before logging into your MyRec account. Please note as part of the security enhancements, CGC Customer Service staff are no longer able to reset your password for you. You are now required to update your own password through MyRec.
The Winter 2023 Program Guide is ready and we’re excited to share it with you! Make a healthy start to the new year with CGC programs that will inspire you to keep moving through winter. The CGC continues to focus on physical literacy, and with a variety of recreation, fitness and wellness, and aquatics activities, there is something for all ages and fitness levels to enjoy.
Take a look and start planning your new year with us:
- Take your badminton skills and training to the next level in Badminton – Development for ages 9-12
- Have fun, improve or learn new skills in Pickleball Fundamentals or Skills & Drills for ages 18+
- Karate is available for all ages and skills
- Para-Karate will introduce basic karate techniques for individuals (ages 8+) who are intellectually impaired; program is unparented/unsupported
Fitness and Wellness (Ages 16+)
Adult Specialized Programs
- Jam to the beat of the music with Amanda in Drum-Fit, this program transforms drumming into an effective full-body workout
- Join Dylan on Monday nights for Iron Circuit—a TRX and kettlebell weight conditioning interval program designed to get you fit fast; or Tuesdays/Thursdays for Toughen Up—to improve strength, endurance and body composition
- Whether you are new to lifting, or have previous instruction, this Ladies-Only program led by CGC female Exercise Specialist Margaret will walk you through the basics
- Strengthen & Flow is a fun yoga program with weights and strength building motions; great for those with a lot, little or no experience!
- Tune into your body during pregnancy with our Prenatal Yoga program. Stay flexible, strong, balanced and alleviate many discomforts of pregnancy
- Build a solid foundation and improve overall physical fitness and mindfulness in Introduction to Yoga
- We also offer these other yoga programs—Restorative Yoga or Yin Yoga
- Fitness Services are also available and include Personal Training and Dryland Team Training
- Learn basic aquatic survival skills and proper swimming technique with Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life programs
- Group lessons available for teens and adults
- Private Coaching & Training is a great option for participants who are not ready for Masters level swimming but want to improve stroke efficiency
- Group and Private inclusion swim lessons available
- New! See our Leadership Programs chart for how to become a lifeguard and/or instructor and how to become CGC Aquatics staff! In Leadership Programs, you can learn vital first aid, lifeguarding, and lifesaving skills
- The CGC Swim Academy programs focus on technique, athletic integrity, and of course, fun! Space available in Introduction to Competitive Swimming and Masters Swim Team
Click to view the Winter 2023 Program Guide
Winter 2023 Registration Dates
Online | November 22nd, 2022; beginning at 8:00 am
In-person | November 24th, 2022; beginning at 8:00 am
Online | November 29th, 2022; beginning at 8:00 am
In-person | December 1st, 2022; beginning at 8:00 am
Don’t forget, you’ll need a MyRec account to register for all CGC programs!