Winter 2017 Program Guide is Here!
Online Registration for members begins November 21st
November 4, 2016
The winter season brings another exhilarating line-up of registered programs to keep you moving during the colder months. The variety of offerings in recreation, fitness and aquatics means there is something available for all ages, interests and fitness levels. Register for your favourite programs, and/or step out of your comfort zone and try something new in 2017!
- Kids ages 3 and older can get an active start and the fundamentals with Recreation programs including:
- Tumblebug Gymnastics, ages 3 1/2 – 4 | Learn the ABCs of movement – Agility, Balance, Coordination
- Outdoor Rangers, ages 6-9 | Explore your environment with gardening, geocaching, ecosystems and more
- Karate for all ages | Learn skill development, stay active as a family or review basic karate movements and sparring
- Family & Adult Golf, ages 7+ | Great programs to learn the sport or work on your game
Fitness and Wellness
- Get to the core of your swing with Ready, Set, Golf starting February 18th.
- New to spin? Register for this 6 week Smart Start Basic Bike that will target your abdominal and lower back muscles.
- Want to learn how to squat, bench press, overhead press and row correctly? Learn the basics in Intro to Powerlifting or Lifting 101 – Women Only.
- New mamas can take back core control with strengthening exercises in our new Restore Your Core program.
- Don’t forget our Saturday Workshops – Kettlebell, TRX and the new Joint Mobility Workshop!
- Swimming programs start at the Parents & Tots level through to Adult lessons.
- Leadership programs take aquatics skills to the next level, starting with the Jr. Lifesaving Club for ages 7-14.
- CGC Aquatics Clubs provide the opportunity to have fun & compete in the water – try Water Polo Club, Diving Club or Winter Training (Summer Swim Team).
With all these active programs and more, we’re proud to be leaders in Atlantic Canada when it comes to Physical Literacy and Sport for Life (S4L) programming. We love helping you develop fundamental movement skills and the confidence to enjoy a variety of programs and sports activities.
WINTER REGISTRATION DATES
Online: November 21st, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: November 24th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: November 28th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: December 5th, beginning at 8:00am
*SAVE THE DATE | 2016 NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY EXTRAVAGANZA*
The CGC’s Annual New Year’s Eve Family Extravaganza takes place on Saturday, December 31st from 2:30-5pm. Ring in the New Year together a few hours early with a special event exclusive to families. The kids get tuckered out with games and activities and ready for the baby-sitter! Stay tuned to our website for updates and registration mid-November.