Some Public Health Restrictions Lifting in HRM
Effective March 5th, 2021 at 8am
March 4, 2021
In a press release today, Public Health announced the lifting or altering of some restrictions in Halifax Regional Municipality and its neighbouring communities (view release). These restrictions were introduced last Saturday, February 27th and were expected to be in place until at least March 26th. Fortunately, case numbers remain low and the restrictions will be lifted as of 8am March 5th.
As for what this means at the CGC, we’re excited to welcome back the following:
- Up to 60 participants for open swims when offered in both pools
- Sport rentals for competitions and games
- Spectators for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger
Must be worn within the facility when not performing exercise. This includes, but is not limited to:
- When moving to different equipment/cardio machines within the Fitness Centre and Track;
- While waiting on the bench for your turn to play basketball, badminton or pickleball;
- Walking to and from your lane within the Aquatics Centre and Track or marked fitness class square;
- When going to refill your water bottle;
- While in the change rooms, washrooms and hallways;
- While talking to staff and other members/visitors.
- Maintain social distancing of 2m/6ft, or 3m/10ft during high intensity workouts.
- Enter the building through the side entrance, follow the directional arrows, and exit through the front doors of the building.
Good Hygiene and Health
- Perform frequent and thorough handwashing, use hand sanitizer and wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Stay home when sick and follow the latest Public Health information.
- All activities currently require booking. Love it or hate it, booking guarantees your space and helps you stay on track with your workout goals. We encourage you to book online instead of in-person, but we’ll be happy to help you either way.
- Please don’t arrive any earlier than 10mins before your booked activity.
For change room and activity specific protocols, schedules and more, visit the Amenities & Activities page in the Facility Reopening section of our website.
Thank you to all our members and visitors for helping keep our facility safe by following protocols, and for continuing to inspire healthy active living together!