Public Health Increases Sport Gathering Limits
CGC Swim Capacities to Change as of Feb. 1, 2021
January 28, 2021
Last Friday, Public Health announced an increase to sport gathering limits without social distancing for participants and officials (https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/restriction-updates/). After receiving further clarification from the Lifesaving Society and Public Health, we’re excited to add spaces for lane swim and open swim as of February 1st, 2021.
- Open Swim increases to 50 participants when offered in both the Competition Pool and Leisure Pool
- Open Swim increases to 25 participants when offered in the Leisure Pool only
- Lane Swim increases to 3 swimmers per lane in the Competition Pool, and to 2 per lane in the Leisure Pool
- Aquatics staff will assist onsite with lane assignments and matching speeds
- For a refresher on lane swim etiquette when sharing a lane, please click here.
The additional swim spaces will be added to MyRec for booking as quickly as we can change them all!
What about Fitness Classes?
The latest sport announcement does not apply to Fitness Classes. However, we’ve been busy working on our class layouts to add spaces while maintaining the required social distancing per participant and 50% capacity limit. At this time, we’re happy to report we can safely adjust most of our dry land classes as of February 1st, 2021. Classes that will not see capacity increases are Aquafit and those held on the centre court in the Field House or in the Fitness Studio (yoga).
Our Group Fitness Schedule beginning February 1st has been adjusted to reflect the new capacity numbers, and those spaces will be added to MyRec for booking as quickly as we can change them all.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep it up, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising – This includes but not limited to: While moving from machine to machine; while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square; while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms; and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot;
- Only use the Wet Change Rooms or Family/Universal Change Room if you’re participating in an Aquatics activity (this helps us maintain capacity limits). Dry Change Rooms are available for dry land activities for showering and changing only (no lockers);
- Follow directional arrows through the hallways and social distance whenever you can;
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.