Public Health Easing Restrictions April 7th
No Change to CGC Protocols
April 7, 2021
Yesterday afternoon, Public Health announced the easing of some restrictions in the province effective as of this morning, April 7th, 2021 at 8am. (View release). After carefully reviewing each point in the press release and how it might apply to the CGC, we have concluded that there are no changes to our protocols at this time.
What about 100% capacity with physical distancing at fitness facilities?
Because physical distancing is still required, it isn’t possible to reach 100% of our facility’s capacity—the space allowance per person at 100% is much less than the 6ft apart currently required in physical distancing. In essence, the CGC is still under capacity restrictions for as long as physical distancing is required.
Do I still have to book an activity?
While the CGC is still under capacity restrictions with physical distancing, booking activities remains the safest way to manage capacity, enhanced cleaning and current Public Health protocols. Because demand is higher than current capacity in most areas, booking allows you to guarantee your workout time without stressing about whether you’ll get in upon arrival. (We want to help you relieve stress through exercise, not add to it!) With this in mind, if you are unable to make your booking, please cancel it so that someone else can take your place. You can cancel your booking online or in-person.
We very much look forward to the day when we can return to 100% capacity without restrictions. In the meantime, we really appreciate all of the support and continued adherence to Public Health and CGC protocols. Thank you for helping us continue to provide the community with a safe space for physical and mental health during the pandemic. Please keep up the great work when visiting the CGC and don’t forget to wash/sanitize your hands often, wear your mask at all times when not engaged in exercise, and social distance as directed.
Must be worn within the facility when not performing exercise. This includes, but is not limited to:
- When moving to different equipment/cardio machines within the Fitness Centre and Track;
- While waiting on the bench for your turn to play basketball, badminton or pickleball;
- Walking to and from your lane within the Aquatics Centre and Track or marked fitness class square;
- When going to refill your water bottle;
- While in the change rooms, washrooms and hallways;
- While talking to staff and other members/visitors.
- Maintain social distancing of 2m/6ft.
- Enter the building through the side entrance, follow the directional arrows, and exit through the front doors of the building.
- Follow the arrows and directional signage throughout the facility.
Good Hygiene and Health
- Perform frequent and thorough handwashing, use hand sanitizer and wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Stay home when sick and follow the latest Public Health information.
- All activities currently require booking. Love it or hate it, booking guarantees your space and helps you stay on track with your workout goals. We encourage you to book online instead of in-person, but we’ll be happy to help you either way.
- Please don’t arrive any earlier than 10mins before your booked activity.
- If you can’t make your booking anymore, please cancel it online or in-person to allow someone else to take your place.
- Spectators are only permitted for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger (one parent/guardian per participant).
For change room and activity specific protocols, schedules and more, visit the Amenities & Activities page in the Facility Reopening section of our website.