Phase 5 Update
NS Phase 5 tentatively begins Sept. 15th
August 31, 2021
Updated September 9, 2021
We’re excited the Province is confident Phase 5 will begin on September 15th, 2021 (Press Release). For a recap on what Phase 5 means at the CGC, see below. Please note, the Province has also announced the introduction of a proof of vaccination policy starting October 4th. We will have more details to share on this as they become available.
Phase 5 Details:
- Masks will be strongly recommended when not exercising or engaged in activity.
- Please continue to practice good hygiene in Phase 5, like wiping down your equipment, washing your hands frequently, and staying home when feeling sick.
- Hand sanitizer stations will continue to be provided throughout the facility for use prior to entering activity spaces and change rooms/washrooms, and located near high-touch surfaces like stair railings.
- Plexiglass will remain at the Customer Service Desk, and Fitness Centre and Field House desks.
- Cleaning routines throughout the day will adapt to changes in activity/amenity availability and usage to ensure proper disinfecting and sanitation at all times.
- When the building is closed overnight, all areas will continue to be disinfected using sprayers to allow for longer dwell time including equipment, floors, walls, and washrooms.
- Public Health capacity restrictions will be removed and booking will no longer be required, except for the following classes/activities: Spin, Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pickleball/Badminton.
- Starting September 15th, CGC Members can book Spin, Yoga, and Tai Chi classes and Pickleball/Badminton courts up to 3 days in advance (online through MyRec or in-person at the Customer Service Desk). Non-members and 10 Punch Pass holders can book day-of at the Customer Service Desk.
Services & Amenities
- Updated schedules are coming soon to our website, to help us transition out of booking. Any Fitness class and equipment relocations will also be noted.
- Change rooms will return to full capacity and locker use.
- Some amenities like the Hot Tub and Sauna will reopen immediately in Phase 5, while other services will be gradually reintroduced.
- Spectators will be allowed.
- In Phase 5, you may enter and exit the facility through either the front or side entrances; they will no longer be designated one way only.
- The gates will be reactivated and access will require a membership card or the purchase of a Day Pass at the Customer Service Desk. CGC Members please see note below regarding access cards.
- 10 Punch Passes will be available for purchase again at the Customer Service Desk.
- If you are currently a CGC Member and do not have a new access card (see image below), please stop by the Customer Service Desk at your earliest convenience to get your new card.
Thank you for doing your part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow the advice of the Public Health and stay up-to-date through the Province’s website: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.