Maud Lewis Heritage Day 2019
Monday, February 18th
January 30, 2019
Celebrated the third Monday in February, Nova Scotia Heritage Day is an annual reminder of our storied past and an opportunity to honour the remarkable people, places and events that have contributed to this province’s unique heritage. This year’s Nova Scotia Heritage Day recognizes world famous folk-artist Maud Lewis. Born in South Ohio, Nova Scotia, Maud Lewis is best known for her paintings that evoke feelings of innocence and child-like enthusiasm, which are as lasting as the spring times she loved to paint.
Here’s what’s happening around the Centre. Stop by for active family fun!
- Facility holiday hours | 8am-8pm
- No swim lessons or registered programs*
- Child Minding is available from 9am-12:15pm and 5pm-8pm
- Open Swim | 8am-8pm; Water Slides | 1pm-7:45pm
- Open Basketball and Open Badminton/Pickleball | 8am-8pm
All Drop-in Fitness classes are running (except 6am Spin), with instructor changes for these classes:
- 9:15am Cardio Combat – class swap to HIIT with Candice
- 12:10pm HIIT Express with Anne
- 6pm Pumped with Amanda
- 6pm Spin with Anne
*A NOTE TO REGISTERED PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: Maud Lewis Heritage Day has been accounted for in your program start and end dates, so there are no make-up classes to worry about.