Further Provincewide Restrictions
Recreation facilities reduced to 50% capacity as of December 22, 2021
December 21, 2021
This afternoon, Public Health announced further restrictions effective as of 6am tomorrow, December 22nd, 2021 until at least January 12th, 2022 (Press Release). Among the restrictions, is a lower capacity limit of 50 per cent with physical distancing for recreation facilities.
Here are the latest changes required at CGC:
Activity Capacities: We’re busy lowering our activity capacity limits in MyRec and on our Available Amenities & Activities page.
- Open Swims: Out of an abundance of caution, Open Swims are no longer available and those originally scheduled for December 22nd until January 12th are now cancelled.
- Lane Swims: In order to adjust the lane swims currently overbooked under the new capacity limits, unfortunately we need to cancel anyone who booked after the new limit was reached. We are contacting those affected separately.
Rentals: Any rentals affected by the new capacity limits will be contacted directly.
Winter 2022 Programs: The start of all CGC winter programs is delayed, with a new start date to be determined. We’ll provide an update in early January. Participants in the CGC Swim Academy, Masters Swim Team, and After School Program will be contacted separately regarding changes to their schedules.
Exposure Notices: Public Health no longer contacts us directly regarding potential exposures within our facility and are asking individuals that receive a positive PCR test to inform their close contacts directly. With this in mind, we’re updating our COVID-19 section on exposures to include Public Health’s instructions as they relate to informing us if you’ve tested positive and visited the CGC recently. Please note, we will no longer email out potential exposure notices, but will continue to post them to our website and within the facility.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep it up, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising – This includes but not limited to: While moving from machine to machine; while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square; while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms; and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot, and have your proof of vaccination and proof of identification ready for the check-in process;
- Only use the Wet Change Rooms or Family/Universal Change Room if you’re participating in an Aquatics activity (this helps us maintain capacity limits). Dry Change Rooms are available for dry land activities;
- Practice physical distancing;
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.