Fall 2016 Program Guide Now Online
Online Registration for Members Begins August 8th
July 15, 2016
This fall, we’ll be rocking healthy and active living with an exciting line-up of registered programs for all ages! It’s great to be enjoying the beautiful summer weather, but here’s what you have to look forward to beginning in September:
- Our Recreation programs offer something for everyone and here are a few highlights:
- Children | Outdoor Rangers (explore your environment with gardening, geocaching, ecosystems and more!), Dance or Multi-Sport
- Youth | NEW Advanced Rhythmic Gymnastics Performance Team, Badminton, Karate or Community Youth Leadership Program
- Adults | Golf or Karate programs, including an Adult Sparring Class
- Seniors | NEW Senior Karate & Walking Soccer (soccer program takes place at the BMO Soccer Centre)
Fitness and Wellness
- Take your training to the next level with these intermediate and advanced adult fitness programs – K2–Kettlebell Circuit, TRX Strong, Intermediate Yoga or Pilates Sculpt
- Learn the basics in Intro to Power Lifting or Lifting 101 (for women only during our female hour on Sunday nights)
- Mamas-to-be in any stage of pregnancy can stay active with Prenatal Yoga or Prenatal Fit Camp
- New parents can enjoy fitness and fun with baby at Stroller Circuit or Parent & Baby Aquafit
- Spice up your Friday nights with our new Burlesque Dance program! With all the fun dance moves, you’ll forget you are even exercising.
- Don’t forget our four 1-day Saturday Workshops – Kettlebell, Roll and Release, TRX and back by popular demand Santa Baby Dance Class!
- There’s something for everyone in Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life Programs – Parent & Tot, Preschool, School Aged Swimmer levels, Teen & Adult lessons & inclusion days.
- Leadership programs are a great next step after swimming lessons – see them all in our guide include Jr. Lifesaving for ages 7-14.
- Join one of our Aquatics Clubs to expand your aquatics skills, meet new friends & have fun – Water Polo, Diving or Fall Training (Summer Swim Team).
With all these active programs and more, we’re proud to be leaders in Atlantic Canada when it comes to Physical Literacy and Sport for Life (S4L) programming. We love helping our community develop fundamental movement skills and the confidence to enjoy a variety of programs and sports activities.
FALL REGISTRATION DATES
Online: August 8th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: August 11th, beginning at 8:00am
Online: August 15th, beginning at 8:00am
In-person: August 22nd, beginning at 8:00am
*SAVE THE DATE | 2016 FOOD RUN*
Join us again this year on Sunday, October 16th for the 4th Annual Food Run as we support FEED NOVA SCOTIA and celebrate community, healthy living and physical literacy. Registration is FREE and we’ve added a team relay.