COVID-19 Precaution Notice – Updated
Dec. 7th, Track & Men's Dry Change Room (9:45am-12:30pm); Fitness Centre (1:30pm-4pm)
December 16, 2021
We will always follow the guidance of Public Health to support our members, users, and staff who are impacted by COVID-19. When notified by Public Health, we commit to informing you regarding the exposure of COVID-19 in our facility. Out of respect for our community and their confidentially, we never release any personal information. The health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority.
COVID-19 Precaution Notice
Public Health has issued a precaution notification for Tuesday, December 7th, 2021 in the following areas:
- Track & Men’s Dry Change Room (9:45am-12:30pm)
- Fitness Centre (1:30pm-4:00pm).
As a precaution notice, it is considered to be of minimal risk to the public.
What You Should Do
If you were present in the specified areas on the named date and time, you are required to follow the Public Health instructions below regardless of your COVID-19 vaccination status:
- They recommend you get tested at least 72 hours after the exposure/as soon as you receive notification whether or not you have symptoms.
- You do NOT need to isolate, unless you develop symptoms.
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days from the exposure until Dec 21, 2021. Symptoms include a new or worsening cough, or two or more of the following: fever (i.e. chills, sweats), shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose/nasal congestion, or headache.
- If you develop symptoms you are required to self-isolate, book a COVID-19 test, and stay isolated until you receive a negative test result.
For those who require COVID-19 testing, visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en or call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.
Actions We’ve Taken
In addition to the ongoing disinfecting throughout the day, the CGC also performs a deep clean of all areas overnight. We also address all high-touch surface areas throughout the facility, including handrails and door handles, using disinfectant sprayers for full coverage.
This notice is posted to our website and notice boards within the facility. It will also be emailed out to our members and posted to our social media feeds.
The CGC remains committed to providing the safest space possible for the physical and mental health of our community.