COVID-19 | May 28th Update
Reopening plan being submitted to the Province
May 28, 2020
The Provincial Government has announced that fitness establishments can consider reopening as of June 5th, 2020 provided the reopening plan has been approved by Public Health. After receiving some clarity from the Province, our plan is being submitted. Once our plan has been approved, we will be able to provide you with the Canada Games Centre’s reopening timeline and more specific information on what to expect for amenities and services.
In anticipation of welcoming you back, we are implementing a number of safety measures to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience at the CGC.
As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. Our reopening plan will follow the advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and take into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally:
- Enforcement of physical distancing (2 metres)
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, especially of high touch surfaces
- Heightened hygiene practices for both staff and members/users
- Protective equipment – masks, plexiglass shields
- Health screening protocols
- Modifications to availability of amenities, schedules and facility hours of operation to support reopening in stages
- Pre-booking to support access control and gathering restrictions
We will also implement measures that reflect the comfort and needs of the CGC community.
We appreciate your patience. Please continue to follow the advice of the Province to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and stay up-to-date through the Province’s website: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
Stay safe and healthy everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon!