COVID-19 | CGC Closing as of April 23, 2021 for four weeks
Latest Directive From Public Health to Rec Facilities
April 22, 2021
As per the announcement by the Government of Nova Scotia on Thursday, April 22 at 3:30pm (Press Release), the CGC will be closing its doors for 4 weeks in support of Public Health measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our province. Here’s what you need to know:
Thursday, April 22nd, 2021 – For the remainder of the day, the CGC will remain open and operating as previously scheduled under current safety protocols.
CGC Closing Friday, April 23rd, 2021 and reopening tentatively on May 21st, 2021.
- Activity Bookings: All bookings in the system affected by the closure will be cancelled and day pass visitors refunded.
- Membership: We will be placing a hold on all membership payments. Bi-weekly payments will not be processed, and all pre-paid memberships (Annual, 6-Month, 1-Month) and 10 Punch Passes will receive an extension on their membership expiry dates for the duration of this COVID-19 related closure.
- Rentals & Spring Programs: For any rentals and programs affected by the closure, including our After School Program and Swim Academy, we will be contacting registrants directly regarding credits/refunds/rescheduling.
- (Updated April 30th) Summer 2021 Program Registration: Online Registration for Summer Camps will begin for members on May 4th at 8am in MyRec and online for non-members as of May 11th. Registration for all other Summer Recreation, Fitness and Aquatics programs (including swim lessons) will be postponed to a later date. (Details)
- Virtual Fitness: We’re busy pulling together some virtual fitness options! These will start on Monday, April 26th. Click here for more details and to see the class schedule.
While we are unable to help you in-person, Customer Service will be available by phone at 902-490-2400 ext. 7 during the following times to help answer any questions you may have: Monday–Friday 8am-4:30pm; Saturday & Sunday 8am-1pm.
Please continue to follow the advice of the Province to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and stay up-to-date through the province’s website: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.
We thank everyone for your continued support and understanding as we do our part to reduce the spread of Covid-19. Take care of yourselves and we look forward to seeing you again soon.