CGC Reopening on June 16th @ 8am
June 15, 2021
We’re very excited the Province has confirmed that recreation facilities can reopen with 50% capacity on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 at 8am (Press Release). Because Phase 2 does not officially start until 8am, we’ve had to cancel some of our early morning bookings and shorten others. Everyone with an affected booking will be contacted directly. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.
To recap the details on what to expect at the CGC at reopening:
- Summer Hours: Monday – Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am-5pm
- Member and Non-Member Access via Memberships and Day Passes**
**Regular memberships reinstated and bi-weekly payments resume unless on freeze
- Booking required for all activities – click here for specific activity protocols & schedules
- Health screening during booking and at activity check-in
- Masks required while inside the facility except when exercising
- Physical/social distancing of 6ft between individuals is required, unless otherwise specified
- Change rooms, showers and lockers available with restrictions to support social distancing (click to see details)
- Hand sanitizer stations and staying healthy reminders (including handwashing, social distancing, mask wearing, wiping down equipment, and respiratory etiquette) located throughout the facility
- Separate entrances and exits for users – i.e. facility side doors=enter only; facility front doors=exit only
- When arriving for your booking or to book, enter (with your mask on) through the side doors and staff will check you in and show you where to go. Please arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity start time
- Floor arrows and signage onsite to help direct you through the hallways
- Ongoing disinfecting (especially of high touch surfaces), scheduled cleaning periods between times slots and nightly deep cleans
- Online booking of activities will be reactivated in MyRec as of June 15th at 9am. Once reactivated, booking seven days in advance will resume, beginning at 6am each day.
Summer Program Registration – Aquatics, Recreation, and Fitness
- While registration for summer camps went ahead during the closure, we put a hold on all other summer program registration. We’re delighted to move ahead with registration of these programs (including swim lessons) on the following dates:
- Member Online & In-person | June 22nd, beginning at 8am
- Non-Member Online & In-person | June 24th, beginning at 8am
- For more details, please view the updated Summer Camps & Programs Guide.
CGC Swim Academy & After School Program
- Swim Academy athletes and After School families will be contacted directly regarding these programs.
Customer Service Support
- Should you need help booking online or have any questions, our Customer Service staff is available to assist you by phone on June 14th and 15th from 8am-5pm at 902.490.2400 ext. 7.
We’re very much looking forward to welcoming you back on Wednesday!
Thank you again for doing your part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to follow the advice of the Public Health and stay up-to-date through the Province’s website: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/.