Back to Basics: Setting Up Your Fall Routine
CGC resources & reminders for a healthy active season
September 29, 2023
As the leaves on the trees begin to turn their vibrant colours, the CGC is excited to welcome the fall season! Whether you are returning to your daily fitness and wellness routine or setting new goals, we’re here to support you along the way.
Achieving Your Fitness & Wellness Goals
The CGC offers a few different ways to keep you motivated and active during your health & fitness journey.
- Drop-in Fitness Schedule | With over 60 drop-in fitness classes a week, there are lots of opportunities to find the way you like to move, no matter your fitness level or ability. Not sure what the class is all about by its name? See the class descriptions and instructor profiles for more details on what (and who) to expect.
- Registered Programs | Led by our certified instructors, these programs are smaller in size allowing for more specialized training and attention to help you reach your goals. Registered programs are listed in the seasonal program guides online (view the Fall 2023 Program Guide).
- Personal Training | Work with an Exercise Specialist or Coach to build confidence, create a personalized plan, and reach your fitness goals faster.
- Aquatics, Field House & Track Schedules | Looking for lane swims, opens swims, track lanes and court times? You’ll find them all on the schedules (Aquatics, Field House & Track).
- Fitness Centre Orientation | CGC Members (ages 14+) can sign up for a free 45-minute session in the Fitness Centre designed to introduce you to the equipment and how it’s used.
The Canada Games Centre is a vibrant community where people of diverse backgrounds and abilities come together to pursue their health and fitness goals. We want everyone to have the best experience possible when using and visiting the Centre. In this light, please take the time to review our User Code of Conduct, age and electronic policies, and other rules and regulations and don’t forget:
- To bring your membership card! If you have misplaced or forgotten your card, kindly visit our Customer Service Desk. Don’t share your membership card;
- The use of camera/video enabled devices (cell phones, cameras, etc.) is strictly prohibited in change rooms and washrooms;
- To bring a lock and secure your locker before exiting the change rooms.
- Food or beverages other than water or sports drinks are not permitted beyond the access gates;
- To slow down when driving in the parking lots.
- To exercise your heart muscles by being kind and patient with yourself and others
We use a variety of ways inside and outside of the facility to keep you informed and up-to-date on everything CGC:
- Website | The best source for CGC information, especially our schedules and program guides. You’ll also find important notices, program registration and much more.
- E-Newsletter | Receive our monthly newsletter full of great information right to your inbox. Sign up here!
- Social Media | Stay engaged with us at your leisure, follow us on Facebook (Canada Games Centre Halifax) and X (formerly Twitter) (@CdaGamesCentre).
- Digital Monitors | There are seven monitors around the Centre which cycle through upcoming programs, reminders, events and other news.
- Notice Boards | Located near the change rooms, you’ll find the latest in Aquatics, Recreation and Fitness (including schedules). Notice boards are also located in the Fitness Centre and on the Track.