Announcing our 2020 Summer Camps & Programs Guide
Summer Camps run July 6th to August 28th
March 6, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: 2020 Summer Camps & Programs registration has been postponed indefinitely. The status of our summer programming will be determined at a later date, pending our reopening date and health restrictions as directed by the Province concerning COVID-19.
Kick start your summer at the CGC with our 2020 Summer Camps & Programs Guide. Take your pick from exciting new themed camps and returning favourites! With a continued focus on Physical Literacy and Sport for Life (S4L) principles, our Summer Camps offer a wide variety of active camps, fitness and aquatics programs that will add a healthy dose of active living to your summer days.
Summer Camps are available for kids aged 5 1/2-12*, start July 6th and run weekly until August 28th. Here’s a little preview of the fun we have in store for you:
- Outer Space Adventures Camp | Blast off towards a fun-filled week! Learn about the galaxy, try a telescope and craft your own space shuttle
- Splish Splash Water Blast Camp | Celebrate summer with oodles of water activities, beach themed crafts, and a visit to Kearney Lake Beach
- Passport to Fun Camp | Create your own passport, play unique games and make awesome crafts inspired by countries around the world
- Olympic Camp | Jump your highest, run your fastest and go for gold in this Olympic themed camp
- Stop Motion and Minifigs Camp | Use your creativity to craft an epic comic book and make stop motion movies with Lego
- Youth Leadership Camp | Love volunteering? Then this camp is for you! Play ice-breaker games and learn valuable skills in leading children and helping out in your community
- So many other camps to choose from, including Outer Space Adventures, Dino WeDo, Chess, Sport Conditioning, Artful Antics and more!
*(5 year olds must have turned 5 by December 31st, 2019)
Adult Fitness and Wellness
- Get your heart pumping while also getting a full-body workout that can be healing, fun and empowering with Bellyfit® – Ladies Only
- Pre and post fitness tests with one of our personal trainers are just the beginning with Toughen Up. See improvements to your endurance and body composition while you get into the best shape of your life
- Always wanted to try yoga? Now’s the time! Introduction to Yoga will teach you the foundations while improving your overall physical fitness and mindfulness
- Join Functional Pilates for a rehabilitative workout to build your body’s strength and length. Get challenged with standing, seated and lying postures while using different props and weights
- Dive into summer with swim lessons, starting at the Parent & Tot level through to Teen and Adult Lessons
- We continue to offer an increased level of Group Inclusion or Private Inclusion Swim Lessons
- Challenge your aquatics skills and compete this summer with one of the CGC Swim Academy Teams — Summer Swim Team, Lifesaving Sport Team or Water Polo Team
Summer Registration Dates
2020 Summer Camps & Programs registration has been postponed indefinitely. The status of our summer programming will be determined at a later date, pending our reopening date and health restrictions as directed by the Province concerning COVID-19.