Activity Capacities to Increase at CGC!
Nova Scotia moves into Phase 3
June 30, 2021
As of June 30th, 2021 at 8am Nova Scotia has officially moved into Phase 3 of its reopening plan (Press Release)! In this phase, Public Health is increasing gathering and capacity limits, as well as participant numbers for sport and summer camps. After reviewing the details and how they apply to the CGC, we have a few upcoming changes to share with you.
Effective Monday, July 5th at 6am:
- Fitness Centre capacity will increase up to 80 people, while maintaining physical distancing
- Track capacity will increase up to 80 people, while maintaining physical distancing
- Basketball will move to 10 players per net, making 5 on 5 play possible
- Open Swim increases up to 50 participants when offered in both the Competition Pool and Leisure Pool
- Lane Swim increases to 3 swimmers per lane in the Competition Pool
- Aquatics staff will assist onsite with lane assignments and matching speeds
- For a refresher on lane swim etiquette when sharing a lane, please click here
The additional spaces will be added to MyRec for booking as soon as we can change them all!
Please note: Participant numbers in Fitness classes, including Aquafit, will not be changing at this time.
We’re delighted to be able to welcome up to 20 campers per group plus staff beginning next week. We are currently in the process of contacting individuals on the waitlist.
Spectators are only permitted for CGC delivered programs (excluding summer camps) where participants are 11 years of age or younger, with a limit of 1 parent/guardian per child. Physical distancing is required, and designated areas assigned. Spectators for rental groups will not be permitted, regardless of the age of the participant.
Thank you to everyone that continues to follow the safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. To keep the province moving in the right direction, don’t forget to:
- Wear a mask when not exercising. This includes but is not limited to: While moving from machine to machine, while heading to and from your lane/court/fitness class square, while in the hallways, washrooms and change rooms, and while talking to other members/visitors and staff;
- Arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity time slot;
- Follow directional arrows through the hallways and social distance whenever you can;
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer often;
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well;
- Keep up to date on the latest Public Health information.
Booking / Cancelling An Activity
- All activities currently require booking. Love it or hate it, booking guarantees your space and helps you stay on track with your workout goals. We encourage you to book online instead of in-person, but we’ll be happy to help you either way.
- If you can’t make your booking anymore, please cancel it online or in-person to allow someone else to take your place.
For change room and activity specific protocols, schedules and more, visit the Amenities & Activities page in the Facility Reopening section of our website.