Stott Pilates Group Fitness Instructor
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes for generations to come. It is a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada.
An 11,500-square-foot health, fitness, and wellness centre in Halifax. Its programming blends high performance sports training with recreational fitness to ensure that the benefits of physical activity and athletic participation are extended to the entire community.
The Stott Pilates Group Fitness Instructor will be responsible for leading and motivating members and guests of the Canada Games Centre to meet their personal fitness goals. The individual must be participant focused and deliver well-prepared fitness classes. Beginning in September, this instructing opportunity is for Thursdays from 6pm-7pm.
- Provide safe instruction to participants
- Make exercise fun and enjoyable for the group
- Modify class exercises to meet a varied group of participants
- Help participants stay motivated and create enthusiasm around being healthy
- Stott Pilates certification
- Current Certification in group exercise discipline (Can Fit Pro, NSFA, SFIC)
- CPR certification
- Experience teaching in a formal setting
- AED Training
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- Working knowledge of anatomy physiology
- Ability to create a fitness class and pair music to beats required for specific activity
Salary will be based on a range from $24.00 – $32.00 per class depending on certifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
Please note that candidates will be asked to provide a mini class demo as part of the hiring process.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed