This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
Personal Trainers with the Canada Games Centre provide motivation, knowledge, and coaching our clients require to reach their individual fitness and health goals. This is a full-time opportunity where mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends are required. Full-time refers to a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- Actively supervise the various operational areas of the fitness floor including strength training, cardiovascular, and core strengthening areas;
- Conduct training appointments in a way that our clients can replicate on their own;
- Build a client list through prospecting in the Fitness Centre;
- Understand the needs and goals of each individual client;
- Knowledge in designing fitness programs based on individual goals, needs, and limitations;
- Contribute to the development and execution of Canada Games Centre group fitness programs;
- Provide extraordinary Customer Service to members and guests; and
- Sales and paperwork duties as necessary to the role.
- Passion for fitness;
- University Degree (Kinesiology, Kinetics, Recreation Management, or another related discipline);
- Can Fit Pro PTS, CSEP, or equivalent training and certification plus an additional certification such as Can Fit Pro Nutrition Wellness Specialist, Older Adult Specialist, Pre/Post Natal Specialist, Mind-Body Fitness, or Nova Scotia Fitness Association equivalents;
- Current CPR Certification;
- Proven sales ability; and
- Strong communication skills
- AED Certification; and
- Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS) through CanFitPro or other relevant certification body
Knowledge and Education
- Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology and exercise techniques for varying levels of fitness and ages;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good decision making skills; and
- Compassion, patience, and understanding.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
Please note that a criminal record check will be required as part of the hiring process.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in this job posting to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm on Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed