This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
Please visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
Personal Trainers with the Canada Games Centre provide motivation, knowledge, and coaching our clients require to reach their individual fitness and health goals. This is an opportunity where mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends are required.
- Conduct training appointments in a way that our clients can replicate on their own;
- Build a client list through prospecting in the Fitness Centre;
- Understand the needs and goals of each individual client;
- Knowledge in designing fitness programs based on individual goals, needs, and limitations;
- Contribute to the development and execution of Canada Games Centre group fitness programs;
- Fitness testing and assessments;
- Provide extraordinary Customer Service to members and guests; and
- Sales and paperwork duties as necessary to the role.
- Actively supervise the various operational areas of the fitness floor including strength training, cardiovascular, and core strengthening areas;
- Successful candidates will have a degree or diploma in Physical Education, Kinesiology or a related field.
- We are seeking individuals with a minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferably in a recreation/fitness environment.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- CSEP-CPT, CSEP-CEP or a willingness to obtain certifications within first few months of employment.
- Current CPR certification;
- Exceptional customer service skills; and
- Strong communication skills.
- AED Certification;
- Other fitness certifications/memberships/ability to instruct group fitness would be an asset (NSFA, CanFitPro) to compliment this position.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- Paid vacation
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
Please note that a criminal record check will be required as part of the hiring process.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in this job posting to Zach Fralick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed