Part-Time Customer Service Representative
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
For the first point of contact at the Canada Games Centre Customer Service Desk, we are looking for enthusiastic, friendly individuals to assist in delivering exceptional customer service and support to all of our guests. Must be able to multi-task and work under the pressure of a busy environment.
- Welcome and greet all guests – members, drop-ins, corporate, or leisure groups
- Receive, respond, and manage all inquiries – on site, phone calls, and email – in a timely manner
- Communicate policies, procedures, updates, and all other required information to guests
- Accept and process all payments – cash, credit card, etc.
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Maintain files in proper order
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Abide by Canada Games Centre policies and procedures – phone etiquette, dress code, etc.
- High school graduate – some level of post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Experience working with the public in a similar role
- Experience working in a facility or venue
- Customer service experience – i.e., the retail or hospitality industries
- Experience and comfort using computers and various software programs
- Experience processing financial transactions – cash handling, payment processing, etc.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Be actively engaged and excited about your role
- Have a proactive and positive attitude
- Member and guest focused
- Always conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism
- Be detail oriented and well organized
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a solution-based approach
- Work well under pressure
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Motivated by the success of others
- Understand and appreciate the role that sport and recreation plays in healthy communities
- Daytime, evening and weekend availability required
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
- Organization committed to extraordinary staff and customer experience
The compensation for this position is $15.50 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay).
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 29th, 2023.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents may result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed