Part-Time Customer Service Representative
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership, and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
For the first point of contact at the Canada Games Centre reception desk, we are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly individual to assist in delivering exceptional customer service and support to all of our guests.
- Welcome and greet all guests – members, drop-ins, corporate, or leisure groups
- Receive, respond, and manage all inquiries – on site, phone calls, and email – in a timely manner
- Communicate policies, procedures, updates, and all other required information to guests
- Accept and process all payments – cash, credit card, etc.
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Maintain files in proper order
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Abide by Canada Games Centre policies and procedures – phone etiquette, dress code, etc.
- High school graduate – some level of post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Experience working with the general public in a similar role
- Experience working in a facility or venue
- Customer service experience – i.e., the retail or hospitality industries
- Experience and comfort using computers and various software programs
- Experience processing financial transactions – cash handling, payment processing, etc.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Be actively engaged and excited about your role
- Have a proactive and positive attitude
- Member and guest focused
- Conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism at all times
- Be detail oriented and well organized
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a solution-based approach
- Work well under pressure
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Motivated by the success of others
- Understand and appreciate the role that sport and recreation plays in healthy communities
- Evening and weekend availability required
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Please note that a criminal record check will be required as part of the hiring process.
The wage for this position is $13.45 per hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Sunday, July 4th, 2021.
Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed