This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes for generations to come. It is a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. Check us out at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
As one of the first point of contacts at the Canada Games Centre, we are looking for friendly and helpful individuals to assist in delivering exceptional customer service and support to all of our guests. This role may provide the opportunity to train on the Customer Service desk and in Child Minding.
- Welcome and ensure all guests are entering the facility with valid membership cards
- Assist members and guests by troubleshooting membership cards
- Monitor day pass access
- Ensure minors are accompanied by a responsible adult
- Monitor gate access levels and work closely with the Customer Service desk
- Receive and manage all customer inquiries, either directly or through a supervisor
- Additional projects and assignments as required
- High school graduate, with some level of post-secondary education being an asset
- Experience working with the general public in a similar role
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with a high volume of traffic
- A security background
- Understand and appreciate the role that sport and recreation plays in healthy communities
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Positive attitude
- Client/guest focused
- Conduct oneself with integrity and professionalism at all times
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a solution-based approach
- Work well under pressure
- Experience dealing with various groups, i.e., individuals, families, corporate members, seniors, etc.
- Requirement to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe use of all protective / barrier equipment is required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Please note that Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The wage for this position is $10.85 per hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Group benefits
- Free facility membership
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by 4:00pm on Friday, October 27, 2017.
Please include position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.
This opportunity is now closed