Fitness Centre Member Experience Representative
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre (CGC) is a vibrant multi-sport community and recreation centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are a 176,000 sqft facility operated by a non-profit society committed to promoting physical literacy, fitness and wellness, and to supporting the needs of high performance sport & athlete development. The Centre runs sport and recreation programs, camps, fitness classes and so much more in an inclusive environment. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq people, the CGC acknowledges the Peace & Friendship Treaties signed in this Territory and recognizes that we are all Treaty People.
Together, we inspire healthy active living.
The Member Experience position is responsible for providing positive member service experiences, resources, and support to members, visitors and staff in our Fitness Centre. A commitment to exceptional customer service and a love of the fitness and wellness industry is a must.
- Assisting members and visitors either by telephone, electronically, or face to face
- Assisting Fitness Centre users with use of cardio and weight equipment
- Respond promptly to member and visitor inquiries in the Fitness Centre
- Handle and resolve member suggestions
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and suggestions
- Sign in members and visitors to the Fitness Centre
- Direct requests and unresolved challenges to the designated resource
- Manage member accounts
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions with next steps
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of fitness and healthy living
- A genuine desire to help others
- Standard First Aid certificate or equivalent (including CPR C) must be obtained within 3 months of being hired
- Previous customer service or retail experience
- AED Certification
Knowledge & Education
- Experience working in either a community, fitness or sport setting
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills
- Be compassionate, patient and understanding
- This position is part-time and will include shifts in the early morning, afternoons, evenings and on weekends
- Work environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on an infrequent basis
- Safe lifting, carrying, and first aid techniques must be adhered to
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
- $14.00 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Wasan Nayfeh firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed