Field House Attendant
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre Field House hosts the largest indoor Track in Nova Scotia, open year-round for use by recreational and competitive runners alike. The 200-metre Track surrounds three full-size gyms built to facilitate recreational basketball, volleyball, badminton and a host of other sports. The Field House will be home to children, youth, and adult programs and leagues as well as various organized tournaments and events.
Field House Attendants for the Canada Games Centre will be responsible for the distribution and set-up of sporting equipment and coordination of schedules for the Field House and Track. This position will report directly to the Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator and will aid in providing resources, support, and leadership to guests and staff. A commitment to exceptional customer service and a positive customer experience is key to success in this role as well as a good knowledge of a wide range of sports and leisure activities. We are currently looking for someone with daytime availability.
- Hours will consist of day shifts, as well as some evening and weekend shifts, in order to ensure the readiness of the gyms and equipment, Field House cleanliness, and member engagement
- Responsible for daily reporting of numbers for user groups, task-assignment and proper documentation
- Inventory equipment, supplies and work closely with Building Operations staff to develop maintenance and cleaning requirements
- Moving large equipment such as bleachers, basketball nets, and various other sports equipment regularly for different event set-up daily
- Assist with member services including but not limited to; check-in’s, start time and end time control for program, equipment set-up and tear down
- Assist with additional member services tasks as needed
- Ensure the safety of recreation and fitness users and evaluate systems and procedures on a regular basis
- Work in conjunction with Fitness Centre staff to facilitate programming to maximize the use of the Field House space
- Ensure quick set-up and tear down between various regular rentals and programs to ensure maximum use of allotted time
- Working and/or playing knowledge of a host of sports such as but not limited to: basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, etc.
- Customer Service experience
- Capable of physical exertion necessary to complete assigned set-up of the various equipment
- Flexible availability including daytime, evening and weekends
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR, and AED Certifications (CGC can facilitate once hired)
- Experience in a similar role
- Preference given to those available evenings and weekends
Knowledge & Education
- Considerable experience in a customer service role with frequent public interaction
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer, or participant
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and oral skills
- Knowledge of physical fitness, physiology, and anatomy
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills
- Ability to coach, train, and guide peers, volunteers, and participants
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasions
- This position is part-time with opportunity for more hours based on availability and need
- Safe lifting, carrying, and first aid techniques
- Safe use of all protective and barrier equipment as required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
The compensation for this position is $13.95 per hour.
- Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process
- The Canada Games Centre has a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination will be verified prior to the commencement of employment.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to email@example.com by Friday, August 12th, 2022.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive environment whose goal is to be a diverse workplace representative of the citizens we serve. Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in occupations where they are under-represented, and the LGBTQIA2S+ community are encouraged to self-identify on your application.This opportunity is now closed