This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose sport and recreation facility. We promote healthy and active living for citizens. Driven by our passion, leadership and teamwork, we strive to achieve innovative programming and exceptional guest experiences.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Facility Attendant is responsible for cleaning the Centre and assisting in event and room set-up for our programs and services. We are looking for Facility Attendants for our evening shift and for our backshift.
- Responsible for performing a variety of custodial functions following established standards for cleanliness and safety
- Duties may include but are not limited to: scrubbing, cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, shower facilities, meeting rooms, offices, locker rooms, and the gymnasium, replenish lavatory supplies, removing trash and emptying waste bins, sweeping, vacuuming, moping and buffing floors, cleaning windows, walls, fans, and light fixtures, dusting, etc.
- Other tasks include venue set-up & take-down, light landscaping duties
- Operate various cleaning machines (e.g., wet and dry vacuums, auto scrubber)
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly duties as outlined on duty list
- Maintain a clean and orderly supply closet
- Use appropriate cleaning products in appropriate areas
- Handle all products safely and reading MSDS sheets prior to using any new products
- Respond to custodial inquiries
- Submit work requests upon discovering items needing repair
- Interact and communicate with the immediate supervisor, co-workers, employees, and customers
- Always maintain a professional appearance
- Check the day sheets on a daily basis and plan duties around the daily schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of related experience
- WHMIS considered an asset
- Evenings shifts are 2:00pm-10:00pm and backshifts are 10:00pm-6:00am
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position including prolonged standing, walking and lifting
- Safe use of all PPE is required by the employer
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
This compensation for this position is $12.95 per hour, plus a shift premium of 50 cents per hour will also be paid to employees for hours worked on the backshift.
What’s in it for you?
- Free facility membership
- Full cost-shared Blue Cross group benefits plan
- Employer-matched RRSP program
- A variety of discounted programs and services
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
Please note that a criminal record check will be required as part of the hiring process.
To apply, please submit your resume to Zach Fralick at email@example.com by Thursday, July 22nd, 2021.
Please include the position you are applying for in your subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed