Child Minding Attendant
This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre serves the community and the province’s athletes for generations to come. It is a first class multi-purpose sport and recreation facility, provides a new centre for the community promoting healthy and active living for citizens and is a major new sports training and competition facility in Atlantic Canada. Visit us out at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
Child Minding Attendants at the Canada Games Centre are responsible for the daily supervision of children ages 2 months to 11 years. They must ensure the development and safety of all participants while keeping fun at the heart of the child’s time with us. The Child Minding Attendant must be respectful of all children and parents and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe and well maintained. We are looking for daytime only – 9:00am to 12:15pm.
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children taking part in the program
- Be familiar with emergency procedures, Policies and Procedures of the Canada Games Centre
- Help develop culturally appropriate programs and activities
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games, crafts and storytelling
- Comfort children when necessary, establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Communicate effectively in a manner that children understand
- Integrate special needs of children in a positive and respectful manner
- Experience caring for multiple children ages 2 months and older
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, & AED
- Early Childhood Education or similar certification an asset
- Hours for this position are flexible schedule, flexible number of days per week with a minimum commitment of two shifts weekly
- Work environment includes physical, emotional and mental demands on infrequent occasion
- Safe lifting, carrying and first aid techniques must be adhered to
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment
Please note that Criminal Record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The wage scale for this position is $11.55 per hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to Halifax Transit
- Amazing team environment
To apply, please submit a covering letter and résumé, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to Zach Fralick, Human Resources Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed