This opportunity is now closed
The Canada Games Centre Summer Camp Program is in its 6th year and continues to grow. Using space in our community rooms, Field House, Aquatics Centre and the outdoors, we will be inviting children between the ages of 5 and 12 to come enjoy the summer at our beautiful facility. Visit us at www.canadagamescentre.ca.
The Camp Administrator will be responsible for the daily planning and facilitation of camper sign-in/out, attendance tracking, and other scheduling duties. The Camp Administrator will liaise daily with parents and guardians inquiring about the camps programs as well as work closely with the Recreation & Aquatic Supervisors in order to ensure all campers needs are being met. The successful candidate must be highly organized and have a strong administrative background, but also experience and willingness to work in the camp setting when necessary.
- Responsible for the daily email and phone communication to camp parents/guardians.
- Leading the daily sign in/out process
- Ensuring Subway lunches are ordered and delivered to the appropriate campers
- Responsible for organizing weekly schedules, camp rosters, information binders, etc.
- Collecting and organizing camp waivers for all participants before they attend camp
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a full time student in University
- Preference will be given to students in fields related to recreation and child education (Ex: Kinesiology, Recreation Management, Leisure Studies, Education, Early Childhood Education)
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR-C (will be offered prior to start)
- Previous experience in a setting where children are the main focus
- Previous experience leading a group of peers
- Experience in a customer service setting
- Customer Service Experience
- Previous office experience. Experience with RecTrac software is considered an asset
- Current AED Certification
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- Strong background in recreation and sport as an employee, volunteer or participant.
- Previous experience in an office setting and in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and oral skills.
- Possess strong coordination and leadership skills.
- Dedication to Customer Service
- This position will be a full time role beginning July 4, 2016 and ending September 2, 2016. Please note you must also be available for mandatory staff training June 4, 18, and 19.
- This position will be regularly scheduled from Monday to Friday. Hours on camp days will vary. Flexibility for training shifts and adapting to camp needs will be required, and will be worked out in advance with supervisor.
- Vacation days are not realistic in the camp environment and will not be granted.
- Working environment includes physical, emotional, and mental demands on infrequent occasion.
- Exposure to loud noises and ability to concentrate in a busy environment.
Criminal record & Child Abuse Registry checks will be required as part of the hiring process.
The hourly wage for this position is $12.50 – $13.50/hour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free facility membership
- Free parking and close proximity to metro transit
- Amazing team environment
Interested candidates should apply in writing. Deadline for applications is February 19, 2016. Please indicate in your application which position you are applying for. A separate application is required if applying for multiple positions. Interviews for this position will be scheduled on an individual basis and will take place with the selection panel.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and resume, outlining how you meet the specific qualifications listed in the job posting to the Canada Games Centre e-mail address email@example.com.
Please include position you are applying for in the subject line. “Sky Drive” attachments are not accepted. Failure to properly identify your application or attach working documents will result in your application being omitted.
We are a welcoming and supportive workplace and applicants from the following groups are encouraged to self-identify when applying for this opportunity: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, African Nova Scotians and other racially visible persons.This opportunity is now closed