As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
This section of our website explains what to expect at the CGC as we reopen in stages. Please keep in mind that public health information and provincial directives can change quickly. We will make every effort to update our website as fast as possible as we adapt to these changes.
Press Play | Stage 3 Overview (Updated October 13th)
- Hours: Monday – Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm
- Member and Non-Member Access via Memberships and Day Passes**
**Regular memberships reinstated and bi-weekly payments resume
- Booking online or in-person for all activities – 7 days in advance; can book more than one time slot/day. Booking opens at 6am every day (for example, if on September 1st you want to book for September 8th, you can as of 6am and not before)
- Current list of available activities, schedules, activity-specific protocols and capacities can be found here; this link also includes details about change room and shower access
- Health screening questions required during booking and at activity check-in
- Masks required while inside the facility except when exercising; hand sanitizer and staying healthy reminders (handwashing, social distancing, etc.) located throughout the facility
- Separate entrances and exits for users – i.e. facility side doors=enter only; facility front doors=exit only
- Line-ups have moved inside. When arriving for your booking or to book, enter (with your mask on) through the side doors and staff will check you in and show you where to go. Please arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity start time.
- Floor arrows and signage to help direct you through the hallways
- Ongoing disinfecting, scheduled cleaning periods between times slots and nightly deep cleans continue
Previous Press Play | Facility Reopening Stages:
Stage 1 (June 22-July 19) & Stage 2 (July 20-August 30) Details
Together we inspire healthy active living. By looking after each other and each doing our part to stay safe, we can press play on physical activity at the CGC. Thank you for the kindness and patience we’ve received as we continue to follow Public Health, safely reintroduce activities and welcome back more members of our community.