We’re very excited to receive approval from Public Health to reopen the facility. As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
This section of our website explains what to expect at the CGC as we reopen in stages. Please keep in mind that public health information and provincial directives can change quickly. We will make every effort to update our website as fast as possible as we adapt to these changes.
Press Play | Stage 1 Overview beginning Jun 22nd
- Facility Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-8pm; Saturday & Sunday 8am-5pm*
- *Dedicated hour for Seniors & Immunocompromised 8am-9am
- Current Annual and Six-Month Members Only with free access for the first month
- Reduction in amenities / activities / services offered; no aquatics
- Pre-booking online for all activities
- Enhanced cleaning and safety protocols
- Health screening will be required before entry
- Separate entrances and exits
- Change Room access will be restricted
Stage 1 Update – July 6th
- Badminton/Pickleball now offer doubles play or maximum of 4 to a court. During the online booking process, each player must register individually.
- Basketball now offers a maximum of 4 to a net and 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 play is now possible. During the online booking process, each player must register individually.
- Members without a booking (member walk-ups) can register at the CS Desk if there is still space available in an activity.
- 2020 Summer Camp Guide is available online! Online registration begins at 8am on July 9th for members, and on July 14th for non-members.
Press Play | Stage 2 – Begins July 20th
- Aquatics Centre will reopen for lane swimming, aquafit and CGC summer camps. Like all other activities, online booking will be required.
- Summer Camps begin with small groups of 8 campers and 2 leaders. Camp groups will be kept separate from each other and other facility users.
- Introduction of a Press Play Pass and Pay As You Go options for members and non-members.
- More comprehensive details on Stage 2 will be available on Thursday, July 9th.
Together we inspire healthy active living. By looking after each other and each doing our part to stay safe, we can press play on physical activity at the CGC. Thank you for the kindness and patience we’ve received as we continue to follow Public Health, safely reintroduce activities and welcome back more members of our community.