As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
This section of our website explains what to expect at the CGC as we reopen in stages. Please keep in mind that public health information and provincial directives can change quickly. We will make every effort to update our website as fast as possible as we adapt to these changes.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm
- Member and Non-Member Access via Memberships and Day Passes**
**Regular memberships reinstated and bi-weekly payments resume unless on freeze
- Booking required for all activities
- Health screening during booking and at activity check-in
- Masks required while inside the facility except when exercising
- Physical/social distancing of 6ft between individuals is required, unless otherwise specified
- Change rooms, showers and lockers available with restrictions to support social distancing (click to see details)
- Spectators are only permitted for CGC delivered programs where participants are 11 years of age or younger
- Hand sanitizer stations and staying healthy reminders (including handwashing, social distancing, mask wearing, wiping down equipment, and respiratory etiquette) located throughout the facility
- Separate entrances and exits for users – i.e. facility side doors=enter only; facility front doors=exit only
- When arriving for your booking or to book, enter (with your mask on) through the side doors and staff will check you in and show you where to go. Please arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity start time
- Floor arrows and signage onsite to help direct you through the hallways
- Ongoing disinfecting (especially of high touch surfaces), scheduled cleaning periods between times slots and nightly deep cleans
Previous Press Play | Facility Reopening Stages:
Stage 1 (June 22-July 19, 2020), Stage 2 (July 20-August 30) & Stage 3 (August 31-November 25) Details
Together we inspire healthy active living. By looking after each other and each doing our part to stay safe, we can press play on physical activity at the CGC. Thank you for the kindness and patience we’ve received as we continue to follow Public Health, safely reintroduce activities and welcome back more members of our community.