As always, the health and safety of our members, users and staff is our first priority. To support this priority during the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures and changes in services are required. Our reopening plan follows the current advice of Public Health experts, mandated legislation and takes into consideration best practices from similar facilities and sports organizations in Canada and internationally.
This section of our website explains what to expect at the CGC as we reopen in stages. Please keep in mind that public health information and provincial directives can change quickly. We will make every effort to update our website as fast as possible as we adapt to these changes.
Transitioning Into Fall – Upcoming Changes to Entry/Exit Protocols
As of Monday, September 28th, 2020:
- Dedicated facility entrance and exit doors are swapping – i.e. Side entrance doors become enter only and front doors become exit only.
- Line-ups move inside. When arriving for your booking or to book, enter (with your mask on) through the side doors and staff will check you in and show you where to go. Please arrive no earlier than 10mins prior to your activity start time.
- Following the change in entrance/exit, the flow in the hallways switches to “keep to the right”. Adjustments to the floor arrows and signs will help you navigate the change.
- To support dressing for the weather while arriving ready for your dryland activity, we will be allowing bags and outdoor shoes to be brought/worn into the facility and placed in a designated area near your activity. If you decide to bring a bag, we ask that you still try to limit your items as much as possible.
Press Play | Stage 3 – Began August 31st
- Extended Facility Hours: Monday – Friday 6am-9pm; Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm*
- Member and Non-Member Access via Memberships and Day Passes**
**Regular memberships reinstated and bi-weekly payments resume
- Booking online or in-person for all activities – 7 days in advance; can book more than one time slot/day, and daily booking moves from midnight to a 6am start. (For example, if on September 1st you want to book for September 8th, you can as of 6am and not before)
- Capacity increased in Fitness Centre (55) & Track (50) as per Public Health limits and social distancing
- Basketball changes to 6 per net / 3 on 3 play
- Addition of 75min evening time slots in Fitness Centre, Pod Swims for members, table tennis, and modified After School Program
- More Fitness Classes and Aquafit per week
- Screening questions required during booking and before entry
- Masks required while inside the facility except when exercising; hand sanitizer and staying healthy reminders (handwashing, social distancing, etc.) located throughout the facility
- Separate entrances and exits for users
- Change Room access will remain restricted; Aquatics Centre activities only
- Ongoing disinfecting, scheduled cleaning periods between times slots and nightly deep cleans continue
Previous Press Play | Facility Reopening Stages:
Stage 1 (June 22-July 19) & Stage 2 (July 20-August 30) Details
Together we inspire healthy active living. By looking after each other and each doing our part to stay safe, we can press play on physical activity at the CGC. Thank you for the kindness and patience we’ve received as we continue to follow Public Health, safely reintroduce activities and welcome back more members of our community.