Fairview Pantry Food Drive
Dec 06–20, 2021
Canada Games Centre, 26 Thomas Raddall Drive, Halifax
Healthy active living isn’t possible on an empty stomach.
This holiday season, share the gift of energy and nourishment with a food donation to the Fairview Food Pantry. The CGC will be collecting non-perishable food and toiletries for the Fairview Food Pantry between December 6th and 20th, 2021.
Here are some ideas for donations:
- Grains – Pasta (macaroni, spaghetti), Rice, Oatmeal (whole bags or individual packet style), Cereal
- Legumes – Dried beans, lentils, chickpeas
- Canned vegetables and/or fruit, including canned tomatoes and pasta sauce
- Canned fish, chicken, ham, etc.
- Soups (especially easy to open lid style)
- Snacks – Granola bars, crackers, peanut butter
- Gluten free products
- Toiletries – masks, soap, sanitizer, toilet paper, tissues, hygiene products, toothbrush/toothpaste, sunscreen
About the Fairview Food Pantry
The Fairview Food Pantry project began in the spring of 2021 to help address the high rates of poverty, especially among children and seniors, in parts of the Clayton Park and Fairview neighbourhoods. Community members, working through the Fairview Community Association, have placed 3 outdoor food pantries in Fairview to provide support in between weekly food bank visits. The pantries are filled with non-perishable food items and toiletries, and are accessible any time of day.
Pantry items are for everyone! Take what you need, but leave some for others. Please check expiry dates before donating.
3 Pantry Locations:
- Fairview Resource Centre – 6 Titus St.
- Al-Barakah Mosque – 12 Hillcrest St.
- Fairview United Church – 3524 Dutch Village Rd.