The Canada Games Centre’s social responsibility is to support local, non-profit community organizations by providing day pass contributions, in-kind services, and volunteer support. In keeping with our mission, the Canada Games Centre (CGC) is committed to the promotion of healthy and active lifestyles for our community.
All CGC donations, sponsorships, and in-kind services are coordinated and aligned with our organizations commitment to social responsibility and business goals, maximize opportunity for visibility, foster long-term business relationships, and are within our budget and resource limitations.
- Only requests from all local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams, elementary or secondary schools (public or private) will be considered, especially if the request is for a new and innovative program specifically designed to address health and wellness will be considered for charitable contributions, sponsorships, volunteer support, or in-kind donations.
- All CGC contributions, sponsorships, and in-kind services will promote our business goals, create positive visibility, and demonstrate social responsibility.
- The major focus of our contributions are on health-related and community-building causes.
- We will also consider requests to support social, community, civic, educational, diversity, and economic endeavours if these support CGC’s business goals and meet contribution guidelines and/or if CGC staff is involved in the governance of the organization.
- CGC will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
- Contributions will be made only to the qualifying non-profit agency. Contributions will not be made to organizations conducting fundraising (third party giving) on behalf of non-profit agencies.
- Requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes will not be considered; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates, and political campaigns, or entities that are not non-profit organizations, will not be considered.