We like this place and hope you do too. For the protection, safety and enjoyment of all Centre users, we ask that the following rules are followed:
- Do not share your membership card, pretend to be someone else by providing false information, or try to transfer a day pass stamp; doing so may result in immediate suspension of facility access.
- The use of personal electronics including cell phones, tablets, laptops, e-readers and camera enabled devices is strictly prohibited in change rooms and within the Aquatics Centre. Media devices for the purposes of listening to music with headphones and/or accessing fitness apps may only be used in the Fitness Centre and Field House/Track. All calls or texts are to be made in the main hallways.
- Written permission from the CGC is required prior to capturing any images or video within the facility.
- No solicitation.
- Lockers are for daily use only and items left overnight will be removed. Canada Games Centre is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property
- We are a scent aware facility. Please think twice before spraying or applying anything strongly scented.
- Food or beverages other than water or sports drinks are not permitted beyond the turnstiles. Please note only water in a non-breakable container is allowed in the Aquatics Centre.
- Treat all employees, others and property with respect at all times. Inappropriate behaviour and language are not tolerated. By entering the Centre you agree to abide by the User Code of Conduct.
- Canada Games Centre does not permit outside personal trainers to train clients within the facility for liability and legal purposes. We do, however, have some spectacular and expertly certified trainers of our own to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Canada Games Centre does not permit one-on-one or group training by outside coaches during Open or Member time in any area of the facility. If interested in conducting training or instruction sessions please contact our Facility Rentals & Events Coordinator at 902.490.2238.
- Like your home, each of our rooms or areas within the Centre have their own set of rules or safety standards, please follow them:
User Code of Conduct
The User Code of Conduct was created to promote appropriate and respectful behaviour, and good sportsmanship within the Canada Games Centre. The User Code of Conduct applies to all users, participants, rental groups, parents and spectators within the Centre. Anyone performing unacceptable behaviour may be asked to leave the premises and suspension or termination of the day pass, rental or membership agreement may occur.
Shall include, but not be limited to:
- Physical violence or threats of physical violence;
- Use of obscene, vulgar, or threatening language or gestures in any manner to anyone at any time;
- Taunting of users, members, players, coaches, officials or other spectators by means of baiting, ridiculing, or the use of abusive or demeaning language;
- Willfully damaging Centre property and/or equipment;
- Using equipment or the Centre with malicious intent;
- Any other behaviour which a Canada Games Centre employee finds to be inappropriate, disruptive or abusive in the circumstances.
- Children ages 7 years old or younger MUST remain within arms’ reach of a parent or guardian (18+ years) at a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 years old MUST have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.
- Children ages 0-4 years old may use the male or female changes rooms with their parent or guardian.
- Children of the opposite gender ages 5 years or older must use the family change room or the change room of their gender.
- Family change room is for use by parents with children up to ages 12 years old and individuals who require assistance or privacy due to special circumstances. A parent or guardian must accompany their child when using the family change room. Family change room is gender neutral.
- Members must be 14 years of age to use the Fitness Centre
- Guests must be 18 years of age to use the Fitness Centre—ID will be requested.
- All Drop-In Fitness Classes are available to ages 12 and older.
- Children ages 7 years old or younger MUST be within arms’ reach of an adult at all times.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 MUST have a parent or guardian in the building at all times
- Children ages 7 years old or younger MUST remain within arms’ reach of a parent or guardian (18+ years) at a ratio of 1 adult for every 2 children.
- Youth ages 8 to 11 years old must have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.